Languages: English, Spanish
Tel: (57) (1) 650 0077 ext. 155 – (57) 316 396 0717
Mateo has more than 15 years of experience in Banking & Finance with an emphasis on corporate finance, project finance and derivatives transactions. He is recognized by The Legal 500 as Next Generation Lawyer on Banking & Finance in Colombia. On 2020 Mateo was also awarded the International Advisory Expert Award on Banking & Finance in Colombia. He has been trained in law firms in Colombia on Banking & Finance, Projects, Capital Markets and Derivatives and he also worked as international associate at Allen & Overy LLP (New York office) where he advised local and international banks in financings, projects and debt capital markets transactions in Colombia, Mexico, Uruguay, Jamaica and the US. Mateo is well recognized in 4G toll-roads program financings in Colombia and in power generation and transmission lines projects in Colombia. He is also praised for his expertise on ISDA Documentation and structured finance deals. Mateo is also experienced on debt capital markets, including SEC registered deals and Rule 144A / Reg S offerings and in the negotiation of indentures and covenants of debt transactions, as well as the negotiation of forbearance agreements in restructuring deals.
Mateo is a professor of law at the Universidad de Los Andes on Project Finance and he also teaches International Financial Transactions at the postgraduate Specialization on Law of the International Business, and ISDA Negotiation at the postgraduate Specialization on Financial Legislation, both at the law school of the Universidad de Los Andes.
- Inversiones Alsacia (Chile) and Express de Santiago (Chile) in connection with a restructuring of US$370 million senior secured notes offered under Rule 144A Reg S (2020).
- Recaudo Bogota in a restructuring agreement of COP$372.000 million with IFC, Kexim Bank, HSBC, LG, EDTM, Land Developer and Citymovil (2020).
- Bancolombia S.A., Banco de Bogotá S.A., Banco de Occidente S.A., Banco Santander S.A. and Multibank S.A. in the refinancing -and extension of additional credit- of the existing secured syndicated credit facility with Credivalores for an amount of COP$320.000 million (2020).
- Findeter in connection with the negotiation of 5 ISDA Master Agreements, Credit Support Annex and Dodd-Frank and EMIR protocols (2020).
- Avianca in the negotiation of 8 ISDA Master Agreements, Credit Support Annex and Dodd-Frank and EMIR protocols (2019).
- COPASA in the structuring and negotiation of a COP$2,2 billion of a multi tranche and multy-currency credit facility agreement for the design, construction, operation and maintenance of a toll road project in Colombia (2019).
- Financiera de Desarrollo Nacional in the structuring and negotiation of the first liquidity credit facility in the market used as credit enhancement in a securitization of certain concession agreements for the procurement of fleet to the pubic transportation system of Bogotá D.C. for COP$135.000 million (2019).
- Bodytech S.A., in the refinancing of a syndicated credit facility of COP$270.00 million collateralized with its subsidiary’s assets and operations in Colombia, Chile y Perú (2018).
- Grupo Argos in a term revolving loan facility of US$50million with Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation and a cross-currency swap under the ISDA Documentation (2018).
Master of Laws (LL.M.)
NYU School of Law, NY, NY
Specialization in Financial Legislation
Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá D.C., Colombia
Bachelor of Laws (LL.B. )
Minor in Finance
Minor in International Business
Universidad de Los Andes, Bogotá D.C., Colombia